We are thrilled to announce that a new flagship fund is being created at the Foundation, through the proceeds from the sale of Brunswick house that has been donated to the Foundation.
The Bakers Dozen Social Justice Fund has been established through a bequest left by Dr Christopher Baker and Ms Kerri Hall. Christopher and Kerri were passionate about the role of philanthropy in creating fairer and more inclusive communities, particularly for their community in Melbourne’s Inner North.
This video tells more about the story.
Further detail about this new fund will be announced in mid-2021, including how people can contribute to extend the impact and detail on grants from the fund.
In the meantime, please see the link about the auction of 11 Rose St Brunswick https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-brunswick-135782754
Many thanks to the following groups and supporters who have also contributed to bringing the house to auction, including:
- Jellis Craig Inner North
- Neighbourhood Property Styling
- Flip Films
- Spacecraft Media
- KA Rainbow Gardening
- Mrs Secondhand and Pack up Your Troubles
- Leonard Joel Auction House
- The lovely neighbours in Rose St (particularly at number 9 and 13)
- The amazing volunteers who lovingly chipped in to help, including Eamon Brodie, Carolyn Phiddian, Sheelagh Purdon and Michelle Irwin.